Blessed Cinnamon Scrolls
- ½ cup warm water
- 1 sachet dry yeast ( or ¼ oz )
- ⅓ cup + 1 tsp cane sugar (divided)
- ⅓ cup coconut oil (melted)
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 ⅔ all purpose flour
- ¾ cup Blessed Protein Cinnamon Churros
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 ½ tbsp cinnamon
- 1 ½ cup powdered sugar
- 4 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- In a small bowl add warm water, dry yeast, and 1 teaspoon cane sugar, and mix well. Set aside for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix the melted coconut oil, almond milk, cane sugar, salt, and flour.
- Combine yeast mixture and mix well.
- Add in Blessed Protein Cinnamon Churros and mix until a firm dough forms.
- Knead dough until smooth and form into a ball.
- Leave aside in a warm place to rise for 1 hour.
- In a separate bowl, add together brown sugar and cinnamon and mix.
- After the dough has doubled in size, transfer to a well-floured surface and roll out into a 14x9inch rectangle.
- Sprinkle cinnamon mixture over the dough and tightly roll the dough up, starting from the 9-inch side down making sure to seal the edges of the dough as best you can.
- Cut into 1-inch sections with a serrated knife.
- Place cinnamon rolls in a 9x9 parchment paper-lined baking pan and cover with plastic and a warm towel and set aside to rise again for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Remove plastic wrap and towel and bake for 20-25 minutes or until slightly golden brown on the edges.
- Set aside to cool down for 5-10 minutes before adding frosting.
- Pour frosting over scrolls and serve immediately. Enjoy xx
To make Frosting
- In a large bowl add powdered sugar, almond milk, and vanilla extract.
- Mix until smooth and creamy.
- Pour mixture onto scrolls evenly